Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A story about my friend Abby (Rawan)

By: Rawan
This is a story about my friend Abby and how did she meet her husband Ike. This is her story as she told me,
Until now, I remember every single moment. It started in 2008, I left my beautiful city and said goodbye to my old life. I came here to Sydney to start my new job as a nurse. It was an amazing event in my life because I couldn’t believe that I was accepted in this sophisticated hospital. I was looking for an apartment in the newspaper at Starbucks while someone said “Hi Abby!” I was surprised when I saw my old best friend “Jody“. I didn’t see her since we were in high school. We talked a lot. Then, she asked me if I need anything? I asked her to recommend me a good place to live in. She told me to take her uncle’s number who had nice apartments. Next day, I called him and we discussed renting the apartment, we reached to an agreement, so I decided to take the place. A few days later, I was in the laundry area when a handsome man came in and said “Hi” with a smile on his face. I pretended not to be interested, but I couldn’t move my eyes from him. I knew that “he is the one” from the first moment I saw him. During the washing time, he began talking to me by introducing him self “ Hi, I’m Ike” then we started chatting. I was so exited, so I planned to get here in the same time everyday to meet him. In the next day, my bell rang. I wandered who might be at the door? I opened the door and saw him again. He handled me a soup and said “I made this soup for you, my new neighbor”. I replied, “This is sweet, Thanks”. I was extremely happy and shy in the same time. After a while, we started dating, and I started falling in love with him. He was kind, smart, and affable person. The only problem was that he worked all the time; I found that we spent only few hours together during the weekends. While during the weekdays we almost never see each other because of our jobs. As a result, we had some cold times in our relationship, and I began asking my self if he really was the one or not? After long depressing nights, it was my birthday, and I expected it to be a boring one because Ike told me that he can’t see me today because of his work. Suddenly, he came with all of our friends and set an amazing surprise party for me. I was happy like a child, and directly after blowing off my birthday candles, he kneeled and asked me “would you marry me?” I was completely shocked and elated, with yelling I replied YES. We got married immediately and now we have two cute boys just like their daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment