Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My home stay family (Misa)

by: Misa

I'm doing a home stay in Riverside. I have stayed in this house for two months. Before, I stayed other house, but I changed. There are six members in my home stay family, but now  I live with family, Chinese housemate, host family's relation's family. So the total member in my house is 13 now. My home stay house is really big and there are many extra rooms, so we can live together.

My host family are very kind and funny!! They take me and Chinese housemate to many places. For example, they take us to the party, swimming pool, drive in theater, and so on. It was all great experiences for me. And, my host grand mother cooks for us every day. She is good at cook, so I eat very delicious dishes everyday. She is from Philippine, so her cooking is almost Filipino. Its taste are quite different from Japanese food, but I really like them. Moreover, They talk to me a lot because they know I'm so shy and I need to speak English to improve my English skills. If I couldn't understand they explain over and over till I understand. My host mother like talking and her stories are so funny every time. An incessant laughter is heard from my home stay family.Although I was very nervous when I talked to them at first, I really comfortable and excited to talk with them now.  I like them and I feel as if we are real family now. I want to get along with them more.

So I'm going to stay until I go back to Japan.


4 comments: