Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What did I learn in summer quarter -Yeobin

-Yeobin

           We came to America to improve our English skills. I have studied for two quarter, so my English skills should be upgraded than before I came to here. Actually, I cannot realize that my English skills are getting better or not, so I think about that.
           First, I am not good at writing. My major is electronic engineering, so writing is not important as physics or math; moreover, I had never learned writing systemic. However, in here I learned about how to write. First time, it was really difficult. I cannot choose topic that I have to write, and how to organize paragraphs. I could feel that it was getting better at the end of the first quart in here. However, I had met new problems in this quarter. Now, I how to write easy, but I always confuse grammar such as tense or articles. When I care about those things, I cannot make sentence that I want to write. It felt like slump. However, soon I found myself that I tried to fix it and it was correct! Still my writing in English is terrible, but I feel I am doing well. Moreover, this blog helps me to improve my English. I can read essays that my classmate wrote. While I read that, I thought I have to try using this word or this styles sentence. The problem was I am so lazy, so I didn’t try a lot.
           From 500 level, we can choose elective class. I was 400 level in spring quarter, so this quarter’s elective class is my first elective class. My class is Business English. As its title, we learned English when we use in business situation. It was really interested because I mentioned my major is electronic engineering. Everything that I learned in class was almost new things to me. It was really fantastic experience. Now, I know how to explain company or answer the phone when I am in the office. Actually, we had presentation about company which included history, vision, business activity, and so on. It would not be specific as EIB course, but it was enough for me.
           Sometimes I thought that I didn’t achieve in America. Actually, it is correct if my goal is too high. I cannot make my English skills like American native speakers in 6 months. So, I decide to small things that I had changed in there, and after the small thing is stacked, it would be bigger as I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment