Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Favorite Baseball Team

by Yeobin

  My favorite sport is base baseball, and my favorite sport team is Nexen Heroes which is a member of Korean Baseball League. The reason that first time I had interest in this team is that just this team’s home stadium is in near my home. All of Korean baseball teams have Mother Company, and the company supports their own team, except our team. Our team earns money by ticket sell, advertisement and so on, so our team is always poor, the weakest team in our league. Now, some people think why this team is my favorite team. First of all, our team is weak one, but I can see that rookies, new player in league, grow up. It is very interesting. As I said, our team is very poor, so there is only one star player, so many rookies can play on our team. Some are just rookies, but some show me incredible play! Actually, last year, a league rookie king is our team member. In addition, he has an interesting story. He is poor, and he has only his mother, so he’s to earn money when he graduated high school. Because of this reason, he entered a pro league team, but his play didn’t be satisfied his team coach, so one year later, he was removed by his team.  After, lost his job, he enlisted in the army because he had to earn money, but he never gave up baseball. Two years later, after he was discharged, and he had a test to join our team, and he was only one who passed that test! Now, he is our key player. With this, our team has many players who were not major players or who removed players, but now, they are our key players. Their stories always move me. That is the main reason that this team is my favorite team. Finally, this team becomes much stronger. Our rank increases then last year. I think that we can win the championship this year or next year. This team taught me about sports, and I was moved by sports, so I love this team.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I like to watch baseball, too. My favorite team is Hanhwa, but this team is the bottom of league. :(
    - Chace

    ReplyDelete